I’m pleased to announce the second release candidate of PostSharp 2.1, available for download today on our web site and on NuGet. The first RC proved to be very stable, so this new version contains only relatively minor bug fixes. This RC also contains all bug fixes from the 2.0 branch.
Here’s the list of bugs that have been fixed in this release:
- CopyCustomAttributes causes exception when several types are passed to the constructor
- Fields are not visible by the debugger when a class has been moved to a binding class
- ImageWriter sets the section virtual size to an invalid value, causing failure in Windows Phone
- Invalid code generation when introducing a property or event of an open generic type
- Invalid code generation when introducing a property with a private property setter
- MainForm.CloseNotificationIcon throws InvalidOperationException after hibernation
- MSBuild failure when building a project on a FAT system (hard links not supported)
- PostSharp HQ throws exception when saving a license key for all users
- Setup program displays maintenance dialog when in silent mode
- Setup program prompts to uninstall previous version of the VS extension even in silent mode
- The license registration wizard should not be displayed after a silent installation.
- Exception in MulticastAtributeTask when a parameter-level MulticastAttribute is applied to a property
- Unused AssemblyRefs are included in the final assembly
- MulticastAttribute.TargetMemberAttributes is not respected for properties and events
PostSharp 2.1 is the fastest and most stable version of PostSharp and the upgrade is recommended for any one. To convert your projects, either use NuGet, either open PostSharp HQ and click on convert projects.
We’re now planning for PostSharp 3 and a new, truly disruptive, product that will change the landscape of instrumentation and diagnostic of in-production applications. We are hiring; drop us an email if you’re interested in joining the team.