Add highly detailed logging to your .NET projects with zero impact on source code.
- Get highly detailed logs with method names and parameter values. Turn on/off for each web request.
- Zero impact on source code. Get started in minutes and keep business logic crystal clear.
- Completely customizable. Compatible with all logging frameworks.
High-definition logs: under control
All the details you need as a developer
You can include the following pieces of data: doc
- Method execution and field changes
- Parameter and return values
- Execution time
- Source code file name and line number
Enable on demand, without restart
You never know what can happen in production. Build logging into your app, but enable it only when needed.
- Per-request logging: decide based on URL, client IP, ... doc
- Sampled logging: random x% or throttled x per second.
- Edit your config directly in the cloud drive. No restart required.
- Control every namespace and type individually.
No impact on source code
// Log all public methods of Contoso.BusinessLayer. [assembly: Log(AttributePriority = 1, AttributeTargetTypes = "Contoso.BusinessLayer.*, AttributeTargetMemberAttributes = MulticastAttributes.Public)] // Exclude property getters and setters. [assembly: Log(AttributePriority = 2, AttributeTargetMembers = "regex:(get|set)_.*")]
Customizable to your needs
Any logging framework
PostSharp Logging provides out-of-the-box integration with the following .NET logging frameworks. If yours is not listed, it's easy to implement an adapter.
Parameter Formatters – Customize how parameter values are rendered, even with external types. doc
Enable/Disable Features – Most features can be enabled or disabled manually so you only get what you actually need. Don't need parameter names? No problem. doc
Custom Transactions – If you like per-request logging but your app is not a web server, we have you covered. doc
Engineered for modern deployments
When used with a modern framework such as Serilog, PostSharp Logging separates message templates from variable parameters, so you can easily search, filter and bucketize log records. doc
We at PostSharp have an obsession for performance. PostSharp Logging is faster than hand-written code in most cases. When logging is disabled, there is almost no performance impact at all. doc
No agent needed
PostSharp Logging instruments your code at build time. You don't need to install anything on end-user devices. It works on desktop, mobile and server devices.
No monthly or per-GB costs
Bring your own storage. PostSharp Logging will store your data where you want.
Privacy & security aware
Prevent passwords and confidential data to leak to logs thanks to the [NotLogged] attribute. doc
Things break. You know. But we don't want your mission-critical to go down just because logging does not work. We've implemented an aggressive circuit breaker so that when any failure happens, logging is immediately disabled. doc